Happy 2019 ! Let’s look ahead to this year’s sport calendar! Get out your calendar and make some notes:
- The tennis grand slam season begins in Australia, Jan 14-27 in Melbourne.
- Winter-X games will be in Aspen, Colorado – Jan. 23-29
- The Super Bowl 53 is set for Feb. 3rd at the new Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia
- March 14-21 the Special Olympics World Summer Games are in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Golf’s Majors begins with the Masters in Augusta, Georgia from April 11-16.
- Horse racing’s Triple Crown starts on the first Saturday in May with the Kentucky Derby on May 2nd .
- Golf’s PGA championship moves up on the sport calendar in 2019 May 16 – 19 in New York on the Bethpage State Park – Black Course.
- Tennis’ French Open in Paris is May 26-June 9.
- The 2019 U.S. Open golf championship will be at Pebble Beach, California, June 13-16.
- We’ll have the NBA Championship and Stanley Cup Hockey finals in June.
- The Championships –Wimbledon is July 1-14 outside London.
- Cycling fans gather for the Tour de France across Belgium and France from July 16-28.
- 2019 Golf’s Majors ends with the British Open July 18-21 st on the Royal Port Rush Course in Northern Ireland.
- August on the sports calendar begins with the Summer X games in Minneapolis Aug 1-4.
- U.S. Open tennis outside New York City is August 26,-Sept. 9th .
- Baseball’s World Series will be between October 20-30.
- By the way our local 2019 College Football season kick-off on a Friday Night August 30th as Oklahoma State open at Oregon State. OU hosts Houston the next day on the 31st. TU has a tough test on the road on August 31st at Michigan State of the Big 10 then go to San Jose State before hosting Oklahoma State in its first home game on Sept 14th . Arkansas kicks its 2019 season at home vs. Portland State –Aug. 31st .
Now your sports calendar is ready for 2019!